A.P. Environmental Science (APES)
Environmental Science is the study of the way humans interact with their environment, both living and non-living components. The goal of this class is to raise awareness on the global and local environmental issues we face today and the interdisciplinary studies involved in solving issues. This college level course critically analyzes and develops ways to combat these environmental stresses.
A GREAT Introduction video of the APES Course! - Bozeman Science
PARENTS - OPEN HOUSE Info:
Class Assignment for Monday, 11/23:
2) On a 1/2 sheet of paper (share w/partner), EXPLAIN HOW whales change climate and how wolves change rivers.
- Include all factors; answer as though this was a test FRQ!! (7-8 sentences each video)
- Be sure to explain the meaning of a KEYSTONE Species.
Class Assignment for Tuesday, 11/24:
2) On a 1/2 sheet of paper (share w/partner), EXPLAIN HOW cows produce methane, its effects on climate change, and the plans to help reduce the methane from cow.
- Include all factors; answer as though this was a test FRQ!!
(see files below for instructions and grading rubric)
*Quiz on Thursday, 11/12 for Terrestrial and Aquatic Ecosystems
(Ch. 6/7- Ch. 7 notes due!)
DUE Monday, 11/2 - Ch. 6 Notes AND Ch. 6 QUIZ!!!
********************END OF 1st QUARTER!*************************************************************
*CH. 5 TEST on THURSDAY, 10/15! (notes due - see Ch. 5 concept review file below)
*PERIOD 5 ONLY - Complete Owl Pellet Lab calculations for Tues. 10/13!
Due Monday, 10/12- Finish Class Zone Genetic Engineering Virtual Lab (link on Class Zone textbook site- under "Helpful Websites")
Due FRIDAY, 10/2 *NOTE DATE CHANGE: - Ch. 3 & 4 TEST! (notes and Limestone-pH Lab due! see file below)
DUE Weds. 9/30- Complete Nutrient Cycle (Biogeochemical) Questions (worksheet given Monday in class- see file below)
Due Tue. 9/29-Field Research Lab AND Soil Porosity & Permeability Lab
Due Friday, 9/11 - Read p. 32 of textbook on Easter Island before coming to class AND the article featured on NPR, giving an alternate scenario (click link)
Due Thursday, 9/10 - Complete "Recycling with Dimensional Analysis word problems" worksheet
*Chapters 1 & 2 TEST on Tuesday, 9/8! * Topic study guide below (Ch. 1 & 2 notes will be collected and checked!)
Due Friday, 9/4 - Environmental History Timeline (see file below for instructions)
Due Thursday, 9/3 (HSSD) - Tragedy of Commons lab will be collected at the end of the class period!
Due Weds. 9/2 - Ecological Footprint results including description/changes emailed to me by 2:00 pm! (see instructions file below)
Due Thursday, 8/27/15 - All 4 Summer Work Assignments (see "DOWNLOADS" below for files)
- Watch The Lorax and answer questions (The Lorax Video link ~25 mins)
- Current Events story and analysis
- 2 Globalization articles and Critical Thinking questions *SEE both pdf files below! (RE-SCAN of Article #1)
- Print and sign Lab safety contract (scroll all the way down!)
Due Weds. 8/26/15- Syllabus Acknowledgement form (p. 5 only)
Fun in the Wetlands
AP Environmental Science Exam
IS OVER!!! YOU DID IT! CONGRATULATIONS!
"Eating Green" Challenge!
Click here to check your current grade online!
Ch. 16 Geology
1) Real-time recordings of earthquakes
3) Effects of Earthquakes: Top 10
Ch. 11- Forestry Practices for Harvesting & Sustainable Forestry
Deforestation Mock Trial Help:
Actual information and trial documents for Ringling Bros. lawsuit for abuse of elephants
Persuasion Map - Interactive site to help map out your arguments
Printouts and more on preparing for mock trial
CH. 10 Human Population: "Tales from the Crypt" lab
CH. 9 Thanksgiving Break assignment
Ch. 6 Website links
Wind Webquest (handout pages 1-3)
1) Forces and wind: Online Meteorology guide
2) Local Wind and weather
3) Drawing Isobars
Weather Webquest (handout p. 6)
- Part 1: Geologic Time Scale Webquest
- Part 2: See "Helpful Websites" tab above, "Holt Textbook" button
Ch. 4 - Biogeochemical Cycles
1) Carbon Cycle
2) Carbon Cycle Game
3) Nitrogen cycle
5) Sulfur and Phosphorous Cycle
6) Phosphorus Cycle
AP Resource Websites:
*Textbook website- helpful chapter tests, flashcards, and more!
|File Size:||14 kb|
|File Size:||7706 kb|
|File Size:||10788 kb|
|File Size:||14 kb|
|File Size:||2040 kb|